Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dan 1285 posts 3917 karma points c-trib
    Jul 01, 2010 @ 13:11
    Dan

Save items and finish off later

Hi,

I have a potential project which would require a linear series of forms that users would need to complete - Contour obviously springs to mind.  There would also be the requirement for users to partially complete the forms, save and return later to finish off.

Is this doable out of the box with Contour?

Also, is it possible for users to edit content between form items with Contour?  I'm presuming not, but worth asking.

Thanks

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jul 01, 2010 @ 16:03
    Ismail Mayat

Dan,

Cannot do this out of the box but its something that would definately be useful.  I have had a bit of a dig and am starting to put some ideas together but need some expert help but my thoughts so far:

Using idea from here add save button to the usercontrol and wire up click event then  can do 

FormStorage fs = new FormStorage();
                var form = fs.GetForm(new Guid(this.FormGuid));
                var fields = form.AllFields;

etc etc and save form.  In pre render check if that form has ready been saved and do restore if has been.  Also will need to save cookie onto users machine so we can when they come back restore the form.  This is rough idea doubt it will work but am hoping a better man / woman can come up with solution.

Regards

Ismail

Jul 01, 2010 @ 16:14
    Dan

That looks promising Ismail, thanks.  I'm thinking this project might be a bit too idiosyncratic for Contour though - Contour only vaguely fits the bill - so I might end up having to do something custom.  I'll let you know if it's something I can manoeuvre into Contour though, and maybe sponsor some development on it (way above my head!)

• Craig Cronin 304 posts 503 karma points
    Mar 06, 2014 @ 11:05
    Craig Cronin

Hi Dan,

I'm currently looking to replace our corporate eForms system with contour at the moment and doing a little research.  Did you ever manage to get around the issue with the saving feature?

We have job application forms that users like the ability to partially complete/save and process at a later point?

Mar 06, 2014 @ 11:20
    Dan

Hi Craig,

I went the custom route. I've not done anything similar since, so not sure of feasibility in the later versions of Contour - it may be simpler these days, but really not sure.

• Craig Cronin 304 posts 503 karma points
    Mar 06, 2014 @ 13:30
    Craig Cronin

Thanks Dan, I think I'll end up going down the custom route and build an extensions package.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft