Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rhebel 8 posts 28 karma points
    Oct 13, 2016 @ 14:43
    Rhebel

Forms disappear

Umbraco forms version 4.3.2, Umbraco Version 7.3.8

I haven't witnessed this but a team member that trains clients on how to use Umbraco and forms has had this happen across multiple clients.

We set up forms for the client but then during the training the forms tab displays as if no forms have been created (shows the "Add your first form" message). In all the cases so far they were able to use another browser or just use another site and the forms would appear.

In one case it was IE where they would not show up and in the other it was Chrome.

The sites were never loaded on the client machines so we don't think it's a caching issue with the browsers.

Unfortunately I didn't find anything on these forums or the forms issues tracker that sounded like this. I also have never seen this firsthand and maybe never will (our network vs a client network) so I cannot do any kind of debugging. I had a look at the IIS logs for that day but I don't see anything that stands out to me as helpful.

Does this sound familiar to anybody? Are there some details I can ask for when this happens that they can get for me to debug? They are only semi-technical but may be able to get some details from the console.

• Rhebel 8 posts 28 karma points
    Oct 18, 2016 @ 19:47
    Rhebel

We found the issue for this. When setting up the Users in the backend they need to have permissions to the forms. The option was not there in version 4.1 of forms that we used to be on.

When creating a user the default permissions are either empty or just missing until saving. Giving them access and saving resolved the issue.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft