Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• A 1 post 21 karma points
    Jan 07, 2015 @ 11:03
    A

How long will 6.2 continue to be supported?

Can you confirm the policy around support for aolder versions of Umbraco e.g. how long would you support security patches around 6.2?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 07, 2015 @ 11:29
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi A and welcome to our :)

Umbraco 6 is in maintainance mode, which means that major bugs and potential security issues will be fixed. But there will be no new features or anything new done in v6.

I can't remember if there is anything official about it but I think that once the first version of v8 is released v6 will probably be deprecated. My guess is that it's around 2 years away. I also think that if a very critical security issue should be found in v6 once v8 has been released a patch will be released to fix it.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Jan 07, 2015 @ 12:09
    Lee Kelleher

To add to what Jan said on this, generally if the user-base for a version is still high and/or relevant, then there would security support.

An example of this was back in May 2013, two major vulnerabilities were found - see the blog post for details. From that security patches were released for every mainstream release, including v4.5.0, which was originally released in June 2009 (~4 years earlier).

Cheers,
    - Lee

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15478 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jan 07, 2015 @ 12:10
    Sebastiaan Janssen

If there's any critical security issues, we still release security patches for ANY version of Umbraco higher than 4.5.0 to keep people safe and have no plans to drop support for security patching 4.5.0+.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15478 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jan 07, 2015 @ 12:12
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Correction, that should've been 4.5.0 (corrected the post above as well).

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft