Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anthony Halliday 2 posts 32 karma points
    May 06, 2021 @ 21:53
    Anthony Halliday

Where to store Umbraco 9 package config

In the past, packages have often stored custom configuration in config/{package}.config.

Are there any recommendations on where config should be stored in v9?

• Corné Hoskam 80 posts 587 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    May 07, 2021 @ 06:20
    Corné Hoskam

Hi Anthony

In .NET Core, packages are declared inside of the csproj file, as "PackageReference". The overall idea of a packages.config does not exist in dotnet core.

.NET Core will always use the Package Reference, so we can say goodbye to the package.config!

• Søren Kottal 702 posts 4497 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    May 07, 2021 @ 06:40
    Søren Kottal

Hi Anthony

Check out this video about configuration & options in packages where Warren Buckley explores methods for handling package specific config.

• Anthony Halliday 2 posts 32 karma points
    May 07, 2021 @ 07:34
    Anthony Halliday

Thanks both.

@Corné I realise my question had some ambiguity in {package}.config- I'm referring to custom Umbraco package configuration.

@Søren, very useful video. I was looking for a pattern that could be modified & persisted at runtime to allow users to modify settings via the CMS. However, I think for the package I'm migrating Config builders will work just fine.

I would still be interested to hear how other packages are handling custom config in the CMS.

For others new to the topic, there's a great introduction to config in Umbraco 9 referenced in Warrens video: https://24days.in/umbraco-cms/2020/umbraco-dotnet-core-config/

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft