Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Santosh 3 posts 73 karma points
    Aug 21, 2019 @ 08:18
    Santosh

Authorization error: Unauthorized access to URL: /umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Content/PostSave

Hi,

I am getting Unauthorized access to URL Error when I am clicking on Public button on the Umbraco content page.

Authorization error: Unauthorized access to URL: /umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Content/PostSave.

I am lot able to get this error on Local, when I hosed my site in URL I am getting this issue.

Help me out in resolving this issue.

Regards, Santosh.

• Shaishav Karnani from digitallymedia.com 354 posts 1638 karma points
    Aug 21, 2019 @ 09:43
    Shaishav Karnani from digitallymedia.com

Hi,

Have you provided read/write access on the App_Data folder on your server?

Please can you check and confirm.

Cheers,

Shaishav

• Santosh 3 posts 73 karma points
    Aug 22, 2019 @ 10:01
    Santosh

Given all The Permissions to App_Data

enter image description here

enter image description here

• Brian 10 posts 60 karma points
    Feb 27, 2020 @ 14:13
    Brian

Hi Santosh, did you ever find a solution to this? I'm facing the same issue but haven't found a solution yet.

• Luqman 6 posts 86 karma points
    Oct 08, 2019 @ 06:24
    Luqman

Am also getting the same error while Unpublishing a content. Am using umbraco v7.12.0

Am getting two types of authorization error.

1. While trying to Unpublish or Delete it saying :- Authorization error: Unauthorized access to URL: /umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Content/PostUnPublish

2. While navigating to Developer node :- Authorization error: Unauthorized access to URL: dashboard/feedproxy.aspx

• Kieron McIntyre 117 posts 360 karma points
    Mar 24, 2020 @ 15:19
    Kieron McIntyre

I've posted an answer here (https://our.umbraco.com/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/71594-unauthorized-access-to-url-postsave) to a simliar question.

I was using Cloudflare and the WAF was blocking requests. Is it possible there is something simliar going on here?

• Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4453 karma points c-trib
    Sep 27, 2022 @ 16:03
    Steve Morgan

Just hit this - thank you for this comment. You've saved me some hours of headscratching.

• chinachin 2 posts 71 karma points
    Jul 25, 2020 @ 06:18
    chinachin

I'm facing the same issue but haven't found a solution yet. help!

• Marcin-Niznik 5 posts 71 karma points
    1 week ago
    Marcin-Niznik

If you are facing the similar error it is worth to check the response body of the /umbraco/backoffice/umbracoapi/media/PostSave. Navigate to "ModelState". For example, in my case the root cause of the issue was:

"ModelState": {
        "_Properties.umbracoFile.invariant.null.value": [
            "The specified file type has been disallowed by the administrator"
        ]
    },

It is far easier to deal with if you know what it is complaining for ;)

• Cedeste 37 posts 129 karma points
    1 week ago
    Cedeste

I'm running into this issue today. I don't have that path you mentioned in my site - umbraco only opens up to data and logs - i dont have a backoffice folder. My site is running on 11.2. It's been published for some time and working without issues until today. Can you provide any insight?

• Marcin-Niznik 5 posts 71 karma points
    7 days ago
    Marcin-Niznik

I see... '/umbraco/backoffice/umbracoapi/media/PostSave' is not a path inside your project directory but a url to controller. So if you are getting this (I took it from this post): enter image description here It basically means that the MediaController under PostSave action name runs the code that responds with 401. There might be several reasons for this described in this thread, but also - and what I was trying to say - you might get some more insight by examining the response body. To do this you can open dev tools in the browser (f12), locate the call that returned 401 and navigate to the body of the message. You may find some info there that might put you on the track to solve the issue you are facing

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft