Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jon 23 posts 53 karma points
    Jan 16, 2015 @ 11:58
    Jon

Using Textstring as link?

Hi,

I'm having issues getting RelatedLinks to add any values in the backoffice so I was wondering if I am able to use a Textstring as a link somehow?

Thanks,

Jon

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 16, 2015 @ 12:27
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jon

Seems like many are having issues :-/

But perhaps it would be better to use a content picker / Multinode Tree Picker in combination with a textstring. That way you can use the textstring for external ur's and the MNTP for internal ur's making it possible to add multiple internal url's.

Perhaps you could even build an archetype so it would be possible to add multiple external links as well. That of course requires that you install the Archetype package.

Hope this makes sense.

/Jan

• Tobias Klika 101 posts 570 karma points c-trib
    Jan 16, 2015 @ 17:11
    Tobias Klika

I am using a combination of Textstring + ContentPicker at the moment.
    However, this solution is a pain in the ass.

Something like the link creator from the RTE would be cool:

enter image description here

And combine it with custom queries so you can select data which isn't available in the tree or has custom generated URIs.

Jan 19, 2015 @ 22:19
    Jon

Hi Jan, Tobias,

Thanks for your responses.

How would I go about using these methods of creating links for internal/external URLs? I'm a little unsure and a short tutorial would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Jon

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 20, 2015 @ 06:11
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jon

In the mean time I got aware of the Multi Url Picker package, which allows you to create internal and external links as well you can find it here http://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/multi-url-picker

Once it's installed you need to go to the "Developer" setting and right click the "Datatypes" folder in order to be able to create an instance of the multi url picker property editor so that you can use it on your document types. Ones that is done you can select your created multi url picker on a document type in the "Settings" section and then you can render the links with the Razor examples the package creator has provided on the package page.

This seems to be a much much better approach than the one I originally suggested.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Jan 20, 2015 @ 19:48
    Jon

Brilliant. Thanks a lot for your help guys :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft