Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Maff 141 posts 465 karma points
    Dec 05, 2014 @ 17:57
    Maff

Umbracpo v7.2 Doc Types lose inherited properties

Hi,

I'm using 7.2 RC on a project, and on a number of occasions I've created a Doc Type that's inheriting from a master Doc Type, then created a Content Item using that Doc Type.

Then at some point (it seems random at the minute) the Doc Type loses all of the properties it inherited from the master Doc Type!

If I export the Doc Type the XML is missing the <Master>MasterDocType</Master> element, even though in the GUI it's still showing under the Master Doc Type...

Has anyone else has seen this with 7.2 and is it a bug or just something weird with my installation??

Thanks,

Maff

• Simon steed 374 posts 686 karma points
    Dec 05, 2014 @ 17:58
    Simon steed

I've seen this happen on v6 (and older) sites but worrying you are getting in in V7.2 - wonder if it was a last minute fix, worth trying the release now it's live?

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Dec 05, 2014 @ 18:13
    Nicholas Westby

If I were you, I'd add a vote to this issue: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-5931

• Simon steed 374 posts 686 karma points
    Dec 05, 2014 @ 18:18
    Simon steed

Done - thanks Nicholas

• Stephen 767 posts 2273 karma points c-trib
    Dec 09, 2014 @ 14:53
    Stephen

Suggesting we discuss the issue in the issue tracker - one question, though: when you write "at some point (it seems random at the minute)" does it mean... without you doing any changes to content types?

A content type can show under another (they have a parent-child relationship) yet not be composed of that parent (thus not inheriting its tabs and properties). It is technically feasible, but the UI should prevent such situation from arising as it makes little sense.

The pre-RTM versions (including RC I think) would let you create such a situation - but you'd have to explicitely uncheck the parent in the composition list. It should not happen "at some point" -> I'm really interested in what you might have done.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Dec 09, 2014 @ 18:48
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Stephen fixed this and added details to the issue tracker: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-5931

Read the last few comments to see how you can fix the problem if it already happened to you, there's a fixed umbraco.dll available on the issue so you can safely update your document types in the future.

• Maff 141 posts 465 karma points
    Dec 09, 2014 @ 22:37
    Maff

Awesome - thanks guys! :)

• Matthew 138 posts 201 karma points
    Dec 11, 2014 @ 22:18
    Matthew

So, for us implementer types, if we're starting fresh with a new download of v.7.2, will it include the new dll or do we have to go fetch it before we do anything else (and if we do, will we avoid the problem entirely)?

Or do we have to wait for v.7.2.1?

Or...?

Thanx

• Gordon Saxby 1444 posts 1855 karma points
    Dec 16, 2014 @ 11:07
    Gordon Saxby

The issue is apparently fixed in 7.2.1 (http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-5931) but it seems like you still have to fix the inheritance in the database if upgrading from 7.2.0.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft