Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Peter S 169 posts 587 karma points
    Oct 24, 2014 @ 08:36
    Peter S

Deployed frontend slow whileback end is fast

I just deployed a website running Umbraco 7 and in frontend the a page can take about a minute to load while the backend is still as fast as it is in development. Any idea what might be causing this?

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Oct 24, 2014 @ 09:18
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Peter,

Without a look at your code it is hard to pinpoint. You can alwasy have a look at the log files located in the folder /App_Data/logs and see if you see something odd there.

Another option is to set the debut attribute to true on the compilation tag in the web.config. After that you can call your page with the querystring ?umbdebug=true

This will show some debug information and maybe will allow you to pinpoint the performance issue.

Dave

Oct 24, 2014 @ 10:04
    Peter S

I understand that. The code is running fine locally so it shouldn't really be a problem. I looked att the log files and they show me nothing strange except about a minute delay before all events are fired. Once one is made the rest of the page loads fast actually, so I suppose the problem here is the initial GET.

I tried the debug info and it shows the same thing. The first to lines are +1.3ms and +7.3ms from start. The second one is [PublishedContentRequestEngine] FindPublished... and after that the Controll: HomeController.Home has +29443ms. Once that is passed it all runs fast again. The total load time of the DOM is 31390 and as you can see the gap of 29443 is right before loading the HomeController.

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Oct 24, 2014 @ 10:44
    Dave Woestenborghs

Is it on slow on every request ?

And what is in you homecontroller home action because that seems to be slow ?

Dave

Oct 24, 2014 @ 11:05
    Peter S

Yes, every request. My development site is fast but when I swap to the live database on it I get the same slow first request response..

Nothing much, really. Sets a few string to the ViewBag.

Feels more like this is a database issue.

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Oct 24, 2014 @ 16:01
    Tim

You shouldn't be hitting the database on the front end....... it should be using the Examine cache and the xml file. Have a look in the folder /App_Data/TEMP/ExaminIndexes/Internal/Index/ are there files in there? Also, check that /App_Data/umbraco.config exists. If either of those are missing, it may be that the site doesn't have the right permissions set to create/modify those files.

How many pages does your site have?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft