Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Danny Blatant 91 posts 358 karma points
    Sep 08, 2014 @ 17:43
    Danny Blatant

Where is the Link Picker??

Simple question, expecting a simple answer!

I'm looking for a simple URL Picker so I can enter a link/URL, optional title and optional "open in...". Researched and there's plenty of references to the "Umbraco URL Picker" but i can't find it in Umbraco 7!!!!

I've played with Multi URL Picker which installs in U7, however even this says it 'builds on the link picker'.

Am I being dense here? Is the Link Picker in fact an internal library or model, and not a Data Type? Have I missed something?

I can't find anything like this in the Data Types, Multi URL Picker is a bit overkill for my application. I thought I'd ask those who know (the community) for a sense check in case my spider-sense has failed me!!!!

Thanks in Advance

Danny "Blatant"

• Jeavon Leopold 3072 posts 13628 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Sep 08, 2014 @ 17:52
    Jeavon Leopold

Hi Danny,

The Umbraco v7 package can be found on NuGet here. For multiple you can use this editor within a ArcheType.

You can see the editor in action in this blog post.

There isn't currently a Umbraco installable package, but if you really need one, I can probably create one for you..?

Hope that's what your looking for?

Jeavon

Sep 08, 2014 @ 17:54
    Danny Blatant

Sweet! Just the job!!

Thanks for the links Jeavon, and also Kudos for being possibly the fastest forum reply in the west (ern world)! I'm gonna try this out now!

Thanks so much!

Danny "Blatant"

Sep 08, 2014 @ 17:56
    Jeavon Leopold

Np :) It would be much easier to find if it was also listed here on Our (I know it's on the guys backlog).

Sep 08, 2014 @ 17:58
    Danny Blatant

One wonders is this anything like my backlog at work? the backlog that grows exponentually and perpetually while shrinking slowly but surely???

:D

Sep 08, 2014 @ 17:59
    Jeavon Leopold

Indeed!

Sep 08, 2014 @ 18:18
    Danny Blatant

Hey Jeavon,

Probably don't need the package installer, but can you offer me a link to how to get the UrlPicker into my Umbraco Project?

I fetched it from NuGet and its there in my App_Plugins folder, however it's not a locally installable package or anything.

Do I need to NuGet this into an empty project and compile it to get a distributable build of the UrlPicker? As described in the blog post you linked to?The blog doesn't mention the nuGet and links to alot of other resources that I've not tackled yet, and I'm RAD-ing a few websites so I wondered if there's an 'easier way'...

A hint will do me :D

Danny "Blatant"

Sep 08, 2014 @ 18:35
    Jeavon Leopold

If you add it via NuGet and build your solution, it should add to App_Plugins plus a dll will be added to the bin folder. Now if you create a new data type it should be there to select?

If your Umbraco project isn't a VS web application then I guess you could build your other solution and copy the /App_Plugins/UrlPicker folder plus the UrlPicker.dll into the same locations in your Umbraco project?

Sep 08, 2014 @ 18:38
    Danny Blatant

aha! Yes I am a bit dense this Monday.

Origionally I forgot to clean and rebuild, so was missing the DLL. I actaully worked this out but after rebuild I couldn't find it in the data-types, but thats becasue its a primative and needs to be specifically created!

As you described, it is indeed there in the "Property Editor" picker when I created the Data Type,

Thanks again!

Danny "Blatant"

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft