Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• patrick iversen 15 posts 40 karma points
    Sep 01, 2014 @ 11:38
    patrick iversen

Doctype properties," Input string was not in a correct format. " error

Hi all,
    I hit a snag in a project I'm working on. For some reason umbraco suddenly refuses to save properties or save new doctype without throwing a "Input is in wrong format" error and I can't seem to get rid of it. It started when I added a Numeric field on a doctype and then the error popped up, so I removed that field again and the error remained but the field is now gone.  But for some reason now every doctype fails if is has a property on it, no matter which type, as well as when trying to created new ones. I have a single doctype without any properties which can be saved, except when trying to add properties of course.

Here's the error message.

Server Error in '/' Application.
    Input string was not in a correct format.

[FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.]
       System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.EndInvokeHelper(Message reqMsg, Boolean bProxyCase) +412
       System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(Object NotUsed, MessageData& msgData) +10972548
       System.Action`1.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result) +0
       umbraco.controls.ContentTypeControlNew.EndAsyncSaveOperation(IAsyncResult ar) +342
       System.Web.UI.LegacyPageAsyncTask.CompleteTask(Boolean timedOut, Boolean syncTimeoutCaller) +263

[HttpException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpException' was thrown.]
       System.Web.UI.Page.ExecuteRegisteredAsyncTasks() +9530689
       umbraco.controls.ContentTypeControlNew.save_click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +683
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnClick(EventArgs e) +116
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +101
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +9528682
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1724

I'm using a couple of packages like, Archetype, multiurls and Umbraco Core Property Value Converters but they have worked great so far and have checked the logs files which basically gives the same information.

I've seen some old posts regarding the issue but the various fixes don't seem to apply here (like forcing a width in the RTE datatype)
    Anybody experienced something like this before?

**EDIT**

I tried using a clean 7.1.4 install and hooked up the existing database and now I can save data and properties so I guess the issue originates from one of those packages.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft