Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul 5 posts 25 karma points
    Jul 18, 2014 @ 13:57
    Paul

Umbraco, MVC and Azure - problems

Hi all,

First post - looking forward to becoming a member of the community.

I have successfully deployed Umbraco to Azure but have a question about it.

So, first off, Umbraco installed fine. I created a new website on Azure, FTPed the Umbraco files to it, ran the installer, OK. So, I then try to get a starter kit from Developer -> Install Starter Kit.

Starter kit
    Unable to install
    We can not install starterkits when the install directory or package repository is not present.

I then download the starter kit and install it manually with Developer -> Install local package. IIS errors at the end, but it seems to install fine.

I set up a few pages with the starter kit's template. But, when I browse to a page with that starter kit's template, I get the code displayed in my web browser:

@inherits Umbraco.Web.Mvc.UmbracoTemplatePage @{ Layout = "Sections.cshtml"; } @section PageHeader {
    @Umbraco.Field("title")

@Umbraco.Field("bodyText")

Highlights
    Starter kit help
    Libraries
    Contact}

@Html.Partial( "SectionPageBlock", Model.Content, new ViewDataDictionary() { { "mainCount", 6 }, { "mainName", "" } } )

@Html.Partial("HomepageNews")
    @Html.Partial("HomepageEvents")
    @section Footer { } @section Scripts { }

Where am I going wrong? Web.config acknowledges MVC:

<!-- Ensure correct version of MVC -->

<dependentAssembly>

<assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Helpers" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" />

<bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.0.0-2.0.0.0" newVersion="2.0.0.0" />

</dependentAssembly>

<dependentAssembly>

<assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Mvc" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" />

<bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.0.0-4.0.0.0" newVersion="4.0.0.0" />

</dependentAssembly>

<dependentAssembly>

<assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.WebPages" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" />

</dependentAssembly>

<dependentAssembly>

<assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.WebPages.Razor" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" />

</dependentAssembly>

but any help would be greatly appreciated :-)

Cheers,
    Paul

• Paul 5 posts 25 karma points
    Jul 24, 2014 @ 16:25
    Paul

Anyone? :-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft