Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• James 251 posts 1169 karma points
    Jul 04, 2014 @ 16:02
    James

Responsive Youtube Embed

I have just installed the standard template and started to tinker with it.

When uploading youtube urls, what is the best way to make the embed responsive?

I understand how to do this when i am not using a CMS. Could do with knowing how to implement it in umbraco.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jul 04, 2014 @ 16:52
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi James and welcome to our :)

How would you ensure your youtube video is responsive outside of an Umbraco context?

I think it's probably the same way as when the content comes from inside Umbraco but of course it depends how you usually fetch the video.

But when inserting a youtube video link in Umbraco it's being embedded using an iframe so it should be a matter of providing the iframe with with="100%" - or perhaps just controlling the with and height in CSS.

Hope this makes sense? :)

/Jan

• Matthew Kirschner 323 posts 611 karma points
    Jan 23, 2015 @ 21:00
    Matthew Kirschner

Is there a way to wrap the embedded iframe with a container and class? I'm trying to look throught the source for tinyMCE and the umbembeddialog, but I can't determine where the iframe is being added to the tinyMCE editor.

Being able to add a custom wrapper class to the iframe would solve the responsiveness issue. Simply adding 100% in the embed dialog is no good because the user may not want the video to be full width on a desktop website. This would also cause the video to stretch past it's source width.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft