Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Joao Baptista 8 posts 58 karma points
    Jun 23, 2014 @ 16:53
    Joao Baptista

Rich text editor raising the unsafe value exception?

Hi all

I'm on Umbraco 7.1.4 and the rich text editor property is raising the unsafe value exception as per below:

2014-06-23 15:50:10,469 [14] ERROR Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - [Thread 5] An unhandled exception occurred
    System.Web.HttpRequestValidationException (0x80004005): A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (contentItem="...,"value":"<p>ad</p>"},{"id":24...").
       at System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateString(String value, String collectionKey, RequestValidationSource requestCollection)
       at System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateHttpValueCollection(HttpValueCollection collection, RequestValidationSource requestCollection)
       at System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Form()
       at System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Item(String key)
       at System.Web.HttpRequestWrapper.get_Item(String key)
       at Umbraco.Core.Profiling.WebProfiler.CanPerformProfilingAction(Object sender)
       at Umbraco.Core.Profiling.WebProfiler.UmbracoApplicationBeginRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
    I know what this is. This is just the good old form submission validation for unescaped characters, but the weird thing is that the same rich text editor works great in other Umbraco websites and accepts content from the rich text editor perfectly.
    Is there any obvious place to look or will I have to completely delete the document type and do it again hoping that it will fix this problem?
    Regards
  • Joao Baptista 8 posts 58 karma points
    Jun 23, 2014 @ 17:12
    Joao Baptista

Resolved.

If it happens to anyone else add requestValidationMode="4.5" to <httpRuntime enableVersionHeader="false" in your web.config. Add the validation mode according to your VS version.

Weirdly enough I did not have to do this for any other or of our umbraco sites.

This should sort  anyone that has the potentially dangerous value exception from a rich text editor.

Cheers

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft