Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Hannes 28 posts 189 karma points
    May 29, 2014 @ 06:28
    Hannes

Anchor missing in TinyMCE of Umbraco 7?

Hi everyone.

got a question about anchors using the TinyMCE in Umbaco 7. I seem to be able to create a new anchor but can't link to it. Is it just me or is this feature missing in the TinyMCE? Seems kind of weird because that is a core function in RichTextEditors these days. My clients use it all the time. Is it actually missing or can it be activated somehow?

Thanks for your help!

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    May 29, 2014 @ 11:42
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Hannes and welcome to our,

If understand your question correctly you or your client dont have the option to set a link into the Rich text editor in Umbraco. So you don´t see a link symbol in the ribbon of the Rich text editor, like this? I have made a screenshot to make sure that you know what I mean.

With this link tool you can link to internal and external pages.

If you don´t have this option in your rich text edtior ribbon, then you need to go to the developer section, and open the Data Types folder, in there find the data type for the Rich text editor, it has the name Richtext editor.

After clicking on the data type you can configure it as you want, dependents on what options your client should have.

As you can see the link option is checked. If you don´t have access to the developer section in your Umbraco installation, you need to get in touch with one that has administrator account, he or she can give you access to the different sections.

I hope this can help you, I have made my picuture from a Umbraco version 7.1.4 assembly: 1.0.5261.28127

Just say if I have misunderstood your question.

/Dennis

Jun 02, 2014 @ 17:54
    Hannes

Hi Dennis,

thank you for your quick reply! The issue I'm having is a bit different. I am able to insert regular links and "anchor" links but once I have inserted an "anchor" link and then go back to the insert link feature to reference it I don't have an option to selected my previouly created local anchors. This is a feature in all standart rich text editors and does exists in 6.x but not in 7. Please see my screenshot below:

Is this feature not available yet or a bug or do I have to enable anchors somehow?

Thanks,
    Hannes

Jun 09, 2014 @ 18:59
    Hannes

Hi everyone,

does anyone have any ideas or comments in regards to the above issue?

Any feedback is appreciated!

• keilo 568 posts 1023 karma points
    Jul 29, 2014 @ 14:52
    keilo

I too came across the same issue with latest 7.1.4. There is no way to select anchor links in link dialog.

Meanwhile, have any of you noticed when you create the anchor within tinymce it shows there in the editor, but when you look up the HTML code it doesnt show.

This is more like interim, sometimes it does sometimes it doesnt. Using Chrome 36.0.1985.125 m  

Any ideas?

• mmaty 108 posts 280 karma points
    Aug 04, 2014 @ 12:27
    mmaty

I too have this problem and are desperately searching for a workaround. Any ideas?

• Matthew Kirschner 323 posts 611 karma points
    Jan 13, 2015 @ 16:15
    Matthew Kirschner

I've just come across this issue. The workaround is to use a relative url that links to the page and anchor name, rather than pointing to the page using the site tree. Just remember that changing the site name may break this URL. Having 301 Tracker installed as a plugin should help this.

This workaround is convenient for developers but rather unintuitive for content editors who don't know how to edit a URL to link to a section of a page. This needs to be fixed.

• bengan 26 posts 90 karma points
    May 07, 2015 @ 14:44
    bengan

Same here. I just tried to explain to one of our customers how to enter a relative URL. She was used to the smart functionality of the "old" richtext editor and has some troubles now. A fix for the new richtext editor would be great!

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    May 07, 2015 @ 14:49
    Dennis Aaen

Hi bengan, 

It´s a known bug, and as you can see here http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-4732 this will be fixed in version 7.3 of Umbraco.

/Dennis

• bengan 26 posts 90 karma points
    May 07, 2015 @ 14:52
    bengan

Hi Dennis,

thanks for your reply! I'm looking forward version 7.3! ;)

Best regards, Ben

• Erik Rose Johnsen 1 post 21 karma points
    Oct 07, 2015 @ 11:27
    Erik Rose Johnsen

Hi

We just installed version 7.3 and there is still no way to select anchor links in link dialog.

• jonok 297 posts 657 karma points
    Nov 12, 2015 @ 02:11
    jonok

So has this been dropped from 7.3? I see now the issue ( http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-4732 ) has no 'due in version' specified.

• Per Olsson 47 posts 307 karma points
    Nov 12, 2015 @ 08:14
    Per Olsson

As a workaround you can use the regular Link tool and type a hash sign followed by the anchor name where you specify the URL. It won't help you with available anchor tags, but it will work.

enter image description here

• Chris Mahoney 233 posts 445 karma points
    Feb 18, 2016 @ 00:59
    Chris Mahoney

This seems to still be missing as of 7.4.1 (and I've updated the linked bug accordingly). I can't rely on #anchorname, as it needs to be easy for editors to use.

I also question why the "create anchor" toolbar icon is now of a bookmark instead of an anchor.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft