Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Søren Kottal 702 posts 4497 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    May 13, 2014 @ 07:46
    Søren Kottal

Moving a subnode from protected node, returns an error

I have a setup like the following

• Top node
      • Protected node (role based protection)
        • Subnode 1
        • Subnode 2
      • Node 1
      • Node 2

Subnode 1 & 2 inherits the role based protection from their parent. I want to be able to move them out below the top node, to have them unprotected. But when I do that, I get a YSOD in the frontend. Has anyone else experienced these problems?

I saw an old post, but that was from Umbraco 4 - shouldn't that have been fixed?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 13, 2014 @ 08:53
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Søren

What does the YSOD say?

If no one has ever reported it on the issue tracker it's hard for the HQ to be aware that something is wrong. I think you should create an issue - If you do so please post the link back in here so others can go and vote it up as well.

/Jan

May 13, 2014 @ 08:54
    Søren Kottal

I get this:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Access.HasAccces(Int32 documentId, Object memberId) +290
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequestEngine.EnsurePublishedContentAccess() +644
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequestEngine.HandlePublishedContent() +716
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequestEngine.FindPublishedContentAndTemplate() +226
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequestEngine.PrepareRequest() +87
       Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.ProcessRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext) +358
       Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.<Init>b__a(Object sender, EventArgs e) +80
       System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +136
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +69

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.18447

May 13, 2014 @ 08:58
    May 13, 2014 @ 08:59
    Jan Skovgaard

Ok, that's probably because of the permission inheritance then.

I think it's worth a shot to file a bug report about this.

/Jan

May 13, 2014 @ 09:00
    Jan Skovgaard

Voted - Thanks.

Say hello to Michael for me btw :)

/Jan

May 13, 2014 @ 09:07
    Søren Kottal

Touching web.config seems to fix it. Not very editor-friendly, though.

May 13, 2014 @ 09:22
    Jan Skovgaard

No, that should not be necessary - I mean good that it can fix it...but it should just happen after the move is made so editors don't get insecure and need to call their web devs.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft