Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alan Mac Kenna 147 posts 405 karma points MVP c-trib
    Apr 11, 2014 @ 22:53
    Alan Mac Kenna

Requesting children in a media folder returns images that no longer exist

I attempting to create a gallery, pulling in images from a folder in the Media Section. The problem is that it is outputting images that don't exist (at least any more) as if they are still there. Here is a list of images being returned:

And here is a list of what actually exists of those content nodes in the DB:

The list above is what I expect and reflects the images that I see in the Media Section. The only difference I see in setup is that I have a Cropper Datatype as a property on the Image DocumentType.

Is there someway I can clear the cache? I have tried republishing the site. The Media Recycle Bin is empty. I cannot see where else it is getting the content nodes that don't exist from.

My build is V7.1.1 using SQL CE.

Thanks in advance,

Alan.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 12, 2014 @ 10:49
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Alan

Are you running the site using IIS express?

/Jan

Apr 12, 2014 @ 11:43
    Alan Mac Kenna

Hi Jan,

Yes IIS Express. Same behaviour on two seperate machines.

Alan

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 12, 2014 @ 12:54
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Alan

Ok...could you try setting up a regular IIS site instead of using IIS express? I suspect there is something with IIS express / CE SQL that is no good for some weird reason.

I have experienced data loss using IIS express with CE SQL and others have as well.

So if you setup a real iis website to point to the website does this help?

If so please report an issue about this on the http://issues.umbraco.org/issues if it's not already created.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Apr 12, 2014 @ 15:21
    Alan Mac Kenna

Hi Jan,

I set up a standard IIS site and have the same issue. It has to be getting those nodeid's from somewhere! Bit of a mystery. I'll log it in Youtrack if nobody has any other suggestions.

Thanks for your help.

Alan

Apr 16, 2014 @ 01:28
    Alan Mac Kenna

Jan this turned out to be the Examine Indexes - when I deleted the Internal index files found in App_Data\Temp\ExamineIndexes\Internal my issue was resolved. I'm not sure what was preventing these from rebuilding but that was the issue.

Alan

Apr 16, 2014 @ 17:47
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft