Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• egeek 40 posts 179 karma points
    Apr 02, 2014 @ 08:12
    egeek

Failed to retrieve data for content id 1073

I

I'm experiencing this issue in Umbraco 7.0.4 backoffice when trying to view some of my nodes in the Content section. 

It's only some of the nodes that throws this error. 
    I have tried creating a new node of the same document type, but now get:

What I've tried so far:
    - Make changes to the document type and save it
    - Rolling back the node to previous versions
    - Republishing the node
    - Republishing entire site
    - Deleting everything in App_Data
    - Restarting App Pool
    - Node is also in Recycle bin. Tried to move to back to content with no luck 

In dev tools in Chrome I can see that the API throws a 500 internal server error:

http://site.local/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Content/GetById?id=1073

)]}',

{"Message":"An error has occurred.","ExceptionMessage":"Sequence contains no matching element","ExceptionType":"System.InvalidOperationException","StackTrace":"   at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)\r\n   at Umbraco.Web.Models.Mapping.TabsAndPropertiesResolver.ResolveCore(IContentBase content)\r\n   at AutoMapper.ValueResolver`2.Resolve(ResolutionResult source)\r\n   at System.Linq.Enumerable.Aggregate[TSource,TAccumulate](IEnumerable`1 source, TAccumulate seed, Func`3 func)\r\n   at AutoMapper.Mappers.TypeMapObjectMapperRegistry.PropertyMapMappingStrategy.MapPropertyValue(ResolutionContext context, IMappingEngineRunner mapper, Object mappedObject, PropertyMap propertyMap)"}

Anyone have an idea what to do? This error is pretty critical for me :/

Apr 02, 2014 @ 08:30
    egeek

- Rebuilding Examine indexes

Still lost...

Apr 02, 2014 @ 18:50
    egeek

Found a work around to the problem and what was causing this error.

I had a document type with child document types. The Root document type had a tab. I renamed this tab and saved the document type. This caused some bug in the database because of a bug in 7.0.4 I presume.

What I did, was to export / import the document types and create the content nodes again with the newly imported document types. By doing this, the document types now had the renamed tab and a tab with the old name before I renamed. I deleted the old tab. 

It's now working again.

Apr 03, 2014 @ 11:18
  • scordonnier 1 post 21 karma points
    Apr 08, 2014 @ 19:42
    scordonnier

Same problem with version 7.1.0

• Nick Hack 4 posts 24 karma points
    Jul 16, 2014 @ 04:05
    Nick Hack

Ensure that you do not have two tabs (or potentially properties) with the same name inside your nested document types.

Eg. Master document type has a specific tab and a sub document type has a tab of the same name.

• keilo 568 posts 1023 karma points
    Jul 17, 2014 @ 17:27
    keilo

Same problem in 7.2 alpha b118

• James Jackson-South 489 posts 1747 karma points c-trib
    Oct 22, 2014 @ 22:46
    James Jackson-South

I just had the same issue and on investigation discovered that it was caused by a duplicate tab name on an inherited child document type.

• Eric Schrepel 161 posts 226 karma points
    Dec 22, 2014 @ 18:22
    Eric Schrepel

I'm getting this after upgrading from 7.1.8 to 7.2.1, and I have no nested/descendant document types (i.e. each document type stands alone). Creating new content nodes invokes the error, but editing existing nodes works fine. Will try the "export/import/re-assign new document type to existing nodes" idea from @Arie at http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/53247-Failed-to-retrieve-data-for-empty-content-item-type-ArticlePageOldCopy?p=0

• Daniel 44 posts 187 karma points
    Jan 19, 2016 @ 15:49
    Daniel

I got the "Failed to retrieve data for content id XXXX" error for some nodes of a certain content type but not others, so it obviously was not the content type.

I found that the error appeared for the nodes that were updated by a user that was no longer in the system (writerID="96"​). The ones that were updated by a valid user worked fine. Since you can't edit the problem nodes you need to re-publish the entire parent node with sub nodes. It fixed the problem for me.

If this can be confirmed I would say it's a bug in Umbraco. You need to be able to delete users without breaking nodes they have created or edited.

• Simon steed 374 posts 686 karma points
    Jan 28, 2016 @ 16:46
    Simon steed

I'm seeing the same now on 7.3.5 - anyone closer to finding out the issue? We're in the process of hooking up the source to trace it through and see if it's a quick fix

Received an error from the server Failed to delete item 33151

Sequence contains no elements

EXCEPTION DETAILS:

System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no elements STACKTRACE:

at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable1 source) at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.ContentRepository.PersistUpdatedItem(IContent entity) at Umbraco.Core.Cache.DefaultRepositoryCachePolicy2.CreateOrUpdate(TEntity entity, Action1 persistMethod) at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.RepositoryBase2.PersistUpdatedItem(IEntity entity) at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.UnitOfWork.PetaPocoUnitOfWork.Commit(Action`1 transactionCompleting) at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.UnitOfWork.PetaPocoUnitOfWork.Commit() at Umbraco.Core.Services.ContentService.Umbraco.Core.Services.IContentServiceOperations.MoveToRecycleBin(IContent content, Int32 userId) at Umbraco.Web.Editors.ContentController.DeleteById(Int32 id) at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] ) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>cDisplayClass10.9(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.Execute(Object instance, Object[] arguments)

• Roger 19 posts 57 karma points
    Jan 29, 2016 @ 09:22
    Roger

Hi All,

As Simon Steed mentioned -we've traced this through and (for us) what seemed to be the issue: was there was no recycle bin in the umbracoNode table. Basically, when doing a delete (as shown in the stacktrace) the unpublish and updatecache operations went through okay, but when Umbraco.Core.Services.ContentService.Umbraco.Core.Services.IContentServiceOperations.MoveToRecycleBin(IContent content, Int32 userId) is called, using Poco a query is run looking for node with id -20, on which the code does .First(), except that nothing is returned leading to this "sequence contains no elements" exception shown in the stacktrace.

For us, using a local test database, I was able to put the Recycle Bin back in as I believe it should have been (I installed a fresh Umbrao 7.3.5 for reference so I knew what values they should be, doing:)

SET IDENTITY_INSERT [websiteDB].[dbo].[umbracoNode] ON
    GO

INSERT INTO  [websiteDB].[dbo].[umbracoNode]
    ( id, trashed, parentID, nodeUser,level,path,sortOrder,uniqueID,text,nodeObjectType,createDate )
    VALUES (-20,0,-1,0,0,'-1,-20',0,'0F582A79-1E41-4CF0-BFA0-76340651891A','Recycle Bin','01BB7FF2-24DC-4C0C-95A2-C24EF72BBAC8','2012-10-19 12:39:15.477')

SET IDENTITY_INSERT [websiteDB].[dbo].[umbracoNode] OFF
    GO

We can now delete nodes quite normally after this operation - but I am very keen to understand how this scenario came about. We've not made any manual updates to the database like this. Just to give you all some background: the site was originally Umbraco 4.11.10 - we used the upgrade to Umbraco 7.3.0 which we later did a minor update to 7.3.5 (to escape some caching issues) and it was very recently we then noticed we couldn't delete items.

I'm not sure if this is the same thing others were experiencing but wanted to post what I found in case it did relate in some way,

Kind regards,

Roger Davies

• Proxicode 127 posts 323 karma points
    Apr 17, 2018 @ 04:01
    Proxicode

Just throwing in another "me too". I created a list view tab name called "Events" Which was the same name of the parent docType. Renamed it to Event List and it started working again.

• Sean Dooley 288 posts 527 karma points
    May 08, 2018 @ 16:40
    Sean Dooley

I recently had to deal with this issue with grid layout content.

After uploading the latest build to the staging environment, any Document Type using that property had stopped working. I was getting the error "Failed to retrieve data for ..." in the Content and Settings sections of Umbraco.

As my local environment was working as normal, I noticed that the Document Types all had an RJP.MultiUrlPicker property, not inherited or shared, which I had recently updated.

On the staging environment, I noticed I was also getting the error, "Failed to retrieve data for ..." when trying to edit any RJP.MultiUrlPicker Data Type.

So in my local environment I decided to re-save any Data Type of RJP.MultiUrlPicker and perform a full export via uSync.

Uploading and importing the full uSync export on the staging environment and everything was working again.

Hope this helps anyone who has a similar issue.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft