Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Peter Gregory 408 posts 1614 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Feb 18, 2014 @ 09:36
    Peter Gregory

v7.0.4 SQL Azure Fails to load nodes which have hostname set

Just deploying a site from local to SQL Azure.  Everything looks fine however when I login to the back office and try and view any node that has a hostname set, I am getting an exception. DB name redacted.  I am unable to view the hostname dialog for the the nodes either.  Is this a bug in Umbraco or am I just doing something wrong?  I updated my site to v7.0.4 this morning via NuGet but doubt that has to do with it.  Also any node under the node that has the hostname set is also throwing the same sort of error.   Anyone know what I might be doing wrong or is this a one for Issues.umbraco.org

Failed to retreive data for content id 1062

The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FK_cmsPropertyData_cmsPropertyType_id". The conflict occurred in database "*****", table "dbo.cmsPropertyType", column 'id'. The statement has been terminated.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15477 karma points MVP admin hq
    Feb 18, 2014 @ 09:41
  • Morten Christensen 596 posts 2773 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Feb 18, 2014 @ 09:47
    Morten Christensen

Not sure why you would get an exception around "sql inserts" when you are just viewing the node, but are you sure you migrated the database properly? Maybe something in the schema got messed up which in turn corrupted the data when inserted into the database.

Have you seen this blog post about moving a database to sql azure?
    http://blog.iqit.dk/2014/01/move-your-db-to-azure

- Morten

• Rasmus Fjord 675 posts 1566 karma points c-trib
    Feb 18, 2014 @ 10:19
    Rasmus Fjord

Dunno how you moved the database from production to azure but i would recommend you using this tool when ever you migrate to Azure SQL 

http://sqlazuremw.codeplex.com/

Feb 18, 2014 @ 11:27
    Peter Gregory

@Seb... Datatypes are all pretty standard nothing that would do DB interactions on load. Nodes outside that particular tree are fine. Only thing that is different about that tree is that it has a Hostname set in the Culture and Hostnames. The Tree looks like this

Site                 (this is fine can veiw this node)
    -Home                (hostname set here cant view this node or any of its children)
    -- Pages from this point on are throwing the error also
    -Widgets             (fine can view this and all its children)
    -Tiles               (fine can view this and all its children)
    Site Settings        (this is fine can view all its children)

Deployment of the DB was done with SQL Management Tools using the Generate Scripts with the Script for SQL Azure options. This configuration works fine on my localhost and dev servers.

Feb 18, 2014 @ 11:52
    Peter Gregory

Not sure I mentioned this is all in the back office. I cant get the sie published because I cant view the start node of the tree as every action that i try on that node causes that DB insert error (all actions publish, hostnames and cultures, sort etc)

Nodes that dont have hostnames are fine.

Feb 18, 2014 @ 12:07
    Peter Gregory

Wierd. Figured it out. For some reason a property that I had deleted 2 days ago all of a sudden was still there. Figured that out by creating a new document of the same type. So re-saving the document type fixed it.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft