Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Evans 137 posts 353 karma points c-trib
    Feb 06, 2014 @ 03:23
    Chris Evans

Azure - Load balanced environment issue

Does anyone have experience setting up Umbraco on Azure VMs, as per this documentation:

http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/installation/load-balancing

I've successfully set up two VMs in the Azure account with load balancing, in the same Availability set. Hitting www.[websitename].com serves the site ok, and I can see that both machines are serving the site in a round robin fashion.

However I've hit a brick wall trying to create access to the single instance for content admin purposes. I've added a host header of admin.[websitename].com in IIS on the first VM, using a special port other than port 80.

I created a special endpoint in Azure for TCP on this special port (I've tried 8080, 8099 and a random ephemeral port of 57305) and configured it to be Direct Server Return (it's separate from the Load Balanced endpoint set).  I've opened this port in Windows Firewall on the VM, but cannot get access no matter what I try. PortQry says the port is being filtered despite opening it via the endpoint and firewall.

I realise this question is more about Azure and less about Umbraco, but I thought I'd see if anyone in the community had run into the same issue trying to set up their load-balanced Umbraco environment, and if there were any obvious places to look in order to fix this.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft