Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thomas Brinegar 84 posts 162 karma points
    Jan 30, 2014 @ 15:41
    Thomas Brinegar

Umbraco 7.0.0 - Locked out of Developer Section

We had just launched our redeveloped site yesterday. Today, after making a few changes to some XSL (minor edits) I was unable to get back into the members or developer sections of the site. I receive the following messages within the back office:

Server error: Contact administrator, see log for full details.
    Failed to retreive data for application tree member

Server error: Contact administrator, see log for full details.
    Failed to retreive data for application tree developer

And all that is getting logged is this:

2014-01-30 09:29:12,149 [6] INFO  Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - [Thread 47] Starting resolution types of Umbraco.Web.Trees.TreeController
    2014-01-30 09:29:12,149 [6] INFO  Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - [Thread 47] Completed resolution of types of Umbraco.Web.Trees.TreeController, found 4 (took 0ms)

The following page resource is failing when I attempt to navigate to the developer section:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error) http://www.DOMAIN.com/umbraco/UmbracoTrees/ApplicationTree/GetApplicationTrees?application=member&tree=&isDialog=false

Which is generating this content when I navigate to the URL:

)]}',
    {"Message":"An error has occurred."}

Additionally, since we changed environments to production--I noticed many of the buttons and labels are getting bracketed text (ex: [general_actions]) rather than the actual text in the back office?

Any help is greatly appreciated! I am not sure if I just need to upgrade it to one of the more recent 7.X releases or not.

Jan 30, 2014 @ 17:42
    Thomas Brinegar

Oddly enough, the issue seems to have resolved itself. I had timed out while in a meeting and came back to my desk and the back office is working fine. Any ideas what may cause this?

Jan 30, 2014 @ 17:51
    Thomas Brinegar

I recant my previous post--I just tried to go to the members section and got the same message and logs. Now the developer section is in the same boat again. I can still modify things using the regular file system and a text editor for the time being.

Feb 03, 2014 @ 14:57
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft