Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ben 112 posts 398 karma points
    Jan 21, 2014 @ 16:25
    Ben

Media Gallery Sub Folders Difficult to use

I am using Umbraco 7.0.2 and I am finding using the subfolders in the media gallery difficult.  In pervious versions you could expand the subfolders and didn't need to click into them.  Below "Footer" and "Site Header" are subfolders.  To get into them I have to click into them.  Could this be updated to be similar to the Content and Settings sections where I can expand sub folders?  Or is there a setting that I need to enable to get sub folders in the media gallery?  Thanks for your help.

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jan 21, 2014 @ 16:37
    Jeroen Breuer

I haven't used v7.0.2 yet, but you can probably change this in the settings section on media types. Open the folder media type and go to the structure tab. There you can enable or disable the enable list view checkbox.

Jeroen

• Ben 112 posts 398 karma points
    Jan 21, 2014 @ 16:40
    Ben

Thanks.  That did it.  I had to disable "List View".

• AdrianLove 11 posts 33 karma points
    Feb 13, 2014 @ 01:05
    AdrianLove

This seems really ambigous. The option simply reads "Enable list view: [x] Yes".

I had this turned on because I wanted to see the 'list' of them in the tree structure. Some more information should be added under this that reads something like "This prevents child nodes being seen in tree view" much like the "Allow at root" option:

Allow at root 
    Only Content Types with this checked can be created at the root level of Content and Media trees

Thanks for the help. 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft