Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jose 5 posts 25 karma points
    May 22, 2010 @ 00:30
    Jose

Reference templates

Hi there,

I am new with umbraco and I am having a headache with traying to show areas in the templates, I have an Master Template with 2 Childs as:

Master

|- Homepage

|- Textpage

First the homepage will have a 2 columns, no problems with it, but the Textpage will have a 3 columns | |     |  | , in the third column I need to change some info frecuently so I've created a template for it.

Master

|- Homepage

|- Textpage

|- RightSideBar

in Textpage i have:

<asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderId="ContentPlaceHolderDefault" runat="server">
        <div id="main">
            <div class="container">
              <div class="left">
                <div class="navigation"><umbraco:Macro showInSection="Izquierda" Alias="Perulanguagenavigation" runat="server"></umbraco:Macro></div>
                <div class="content"><umbraco:Item field="bodyText" runat="server"></umbraco:Item></div>
                <div class="rightside">
                             <asp:ContentPlaceHolder Id="Textpagerightside" runat="server">
                                  <!-- Insert default "Textpagerightside" markup here -->
                            </asp:ContentPlaceHolder>
            </div>
              </div>
            </div>
          </div>
    </asp:Content>

and in RightSideBar:

<asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderID="Textpagerightside" runat="server">
             show the right content
    </asp:Content>

Well the problem is that  the RightSideBar is not been rendered in the Textpage template, it is supposed that the child have to be rendered in the parent, but it not occurs, what I am doing wrong or not is possible to do this?, please I need help.

Regards,

José

• Chris 69 posts 75 karma points
    May 26, 2010 @ 16:09
    Chris

Hi José,

I think what you are doing wrong here, is placing a contentplaceholder inside another contentplaceholder. If you put the "Textpagerightside" CPH outside of the "ContentPlaceHolderDefault" CPH, things should work.

Cheers,

Chris

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft