Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ranjith 11 posts 31 karma points
    Apr 27, 2010 @ 06:29
    Ranjith

This is Ranjith,

I am new to Umbraco. I have read some tutorials to understand about Umbraco, but I cant catch the sequence. Out of my learning experience I could understand that 'Document Type' is more important in Umbraco. But when I tried to create a simple page, I felt all messed up, and I am in a great confusion. Now I need a clear guidance to learn Umbraco in a crystal clear manner. 

Regards,

Ranjith

• Tobias Neugebauer 52 posts 93 karma points
    Apr 27, 2010 @ 08:05
    Tobias Neugebauer

Hi,

i think if you need to know more about Document Types and such go and install the Creative Website Starter Kit (CWS). This will give you a good start to learn mor about whats going on in umbraco.

You can find the Package here: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/creative-website-starter-(cws) or in the Package Repository under Developer->Packages->Package Repository.

You can also have a look at the Free Videos on umbraco.tv this one is about Document Types: http://umbraco.tv/documentation/videos/for-site-builders/foundation/document-types

Hope this will give you a good Startingpoint :)

Toby

• Ranjith 11 posts 31 karma points
    May 21, 2010 @ 12:22
    Ranjith

Hi Toby,

Thanks for your reply....

Your help made a good Startingpoint for me... Now I am clear on Document Types and Template's.... I do have done a sample and tested my level of understanding over those.... Now I would like to move a lever higher.... 

I need to know how to create an "XSLT" and I need to know about "Members" and "User" area of Umbraco4..... I need to create a register and a Log In form to my user. As I went through many tutorials, I felt that "Members" and "User" area is the one which I have to know about..... 

Need help on the above...... 

Thanks in advance.......

<<Ranjith>>

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    May 21, 2010 @ 12:51
    Dirk De Grave

Replied on the users/member stuff in other thread.

Cheers,

/Dirk

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft