Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• ak 24 posts 29 karma points
    Nov 24, 2009 @ 23:30
    ak

PLEASE HELP! bodytext missing from Document Type

I've come across a strange issue where the bodytext property has disappeared on a document type that is used throughout our website.
    I re-added the body text property but the content that exists in the umbraco db is no longer displayed in the content sections for the pages!!

How can I get the existing data to display in the content section??

Thanks in advance for your help.

Andrew

• Chris Houston 535 posts 980 karma points MVP admin c-trib
    Nov 24, 2009 @ 23:52
    Chris Houston

Hi Andrew,

I hope you backed up your database... sounds a little dangerous!

If you removed the property and re-added it, make sure it's exactly the same case as the properties are case sensitive. Not sure if they have a GUID in the backend, in which case if you removed it and added it back it will be seen as a new property.

Cheers,

Chris

• ak 24 posts 29 karma points
    Nov 25, 2009 @ 04:56
    ak

Thanks for the reply. It is not know how or why the property was removed and the backup of the database is to old. It is a worry!

• scott chidester 3 posts 23 karma points
    Nov 03, 2010 @ 15:20
    scott chidester

I had a similar issue happen.  A document type that is used throughout a site had almost all of it's properties names and aliases disappear.  Also all of the tab names disappeared.  When this happened none of the content could be saved for all of the pages that used this document type.  The pages still rendered but you could no longer edit the content of the pages.  Has anyone else had this problem and found out why it happened?

Thanks,

Scott

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft