Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Oct 28, 2009 @ 09:36
    Kim Andersen

Another weird Server Error in the Content Tree

In my Contenttree I have a couple of nodes wich generates a server error, when I try to see them in the backend. The error shows up on the dashboard shen I click them. This error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
    umbraco.controls.ContentControl.addControlNew(Property p, TabPage tp, String Caption) +106
    umbraco.controls.ContentControl..ctor(Content c, publishModes CanPublish, String Id) +1057
    umbraco.cms.presentation.editContent.OnInit(EventArgs e) +404
    System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +142
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1476

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4016; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4016

All of them have the same document type, but I have a lot more nodes with the same document type, and they work just fine.

The pages that doesn't work in the backend, work just fine on the frontend. I can see all of my text, images etc.

I tried to copy one of the corrupt nodes, and inserting it the same place in the tree. And the copied version works just fine - On the frontend and in the backend. I think it's kind of weird.

Does anyone have a solution to this besides copy/paste of all of my corupt nodes?

• skiltz 501 posts 701 karma points
    Oct 28, 2009 @ 09:44
    skiltz

And I'm guessing you've tried to republish the corupt node?

Oct 28, 2009 @ 09:47
    Kim Andersen

I tried to make a full republish, but that didn't work.

I'll try to publish only the corrupt node...

Oct 28, 2009 @ 10:00
    Kim Andersen

Skiltz - You are the man!

A right click on the node and "Publish" did the trick.

Damn, I thought that I had tried that, when I did a full republish of the whole site. But thanks.

Do you know what could have caused the error?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 16, 2010 @ 14:24
    Jan Skovgaard

I'm also curious on what is the cause of this error. Just experienced it today on a 4.0.3 install.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft