Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Hywel Bromby 33 posts 63 karma points
    Aug 24, 2009 @ 16:11
    Hywel Bromby

Master Page Defaults

Hi not sure if this is possible, but:

Is it possible to have 1 master page for the site with values that can be changed in the content section? and that are displayed on ALL pages onthe site (that have the master page template as their master page)

eg

my masterpage displays a log that is to be

Aug 24, 2009 @ 16:13
    Hywel Bromby

Hi not sure if this is possible, but:

Is it possible to have 1 master page for the site with values that can be changed in the content section? and that are displayed on ALL pages onthe site (that have the master page template as their master page)

eg

*My master page displays a logo that is to be displayed throughout the site, but can be changed from the content section. currently if i set this up, i can see the logo if i go to masterpage.aspx, but not on other pages

Any help much appreciated

cheers

Hywel

• dandrayne 1138 posts 2262 karma points
    Aug 24, 2009 @ 16:16
    dandrayne

Hmmm.  Are you leaning on your enter key?  You seem to have created at least 8 topics for this question!

Basically, add

recursive="true"

to your umbraco:item inthe template

Aug 24, 2009 @ 16:22
    Hywel Bromby

Sorry guys, managed to get the key stuck down.

Thanks for the fast response.

Aug 24, 2009 @ 16:27
    Hywel Bromby

I have added the recursive, and am using the "upload" type. however this does not seem to allow me to upload multiple items. Sorry if this is very basic, still finiding my feet.

Hywel

• dandrayne 1138 posts 2262 karma points
    Aug 24, 2009 @ 16:52
    dandrayne

No problem.  Recursive=true allows you to set a property on a page (such as homepage) and cascade that property down to pages where it may not even be explicitly set.  In this case you'd set a master image onthe homepage and it would apply to all pages.

In your case you'd need to apply the property to the subpages as well.  This way if it was set on the subpage that value would be used - if not, it would grab the value from the parent page.  You still won't be able to upload more than one image per page with the upload control, though.

You may also want to have a look at http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/how-tos/working-with-document-types for a bit more info on document types.

• Kanwar 8 posts 29 karma points
    Jun 02, 2011 @ 06:06
    Kanwar
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft