Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Scott 69 posts 146 karma points
    Feb 22, 2012 @ 17:10
    Scott

Custom method in masterpage template.

I dont know if this is an umbraco question or more of an asp.net question, but can you create a method/function inside of your master template? Between  my "asp:content" tags in my master template I currently have some top down c# code for setting/checking some session variables and that type of thing. In my content pages that will use my master template I was wanting to put in a check at the top of each page for a some things, but what its checking is different based on the content page. It would be easier if I could put the logic for that check into a common area, passing in a parameter of what I'm checking for, then just make a call to that method from my content pages. I thought putting a method in my master template might work but so far if I just try putting in a method code block, I get a compiler error when I access that page.

I could probably accomplish this in a binary but its not really that much code, just 10 lines or so. But enough so that I dont want to have to duplicate it on each and every content page.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft