Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Connie DeCinko 931 posts 1160 karma points
    May 24, 2011 @ 18:49
    Connie DeCinko

Usercontrol in master template cached, not dynamic

I've placed a macro (containing a .Net usercontrol) in my base template.  The contents of this control can change based on events on another web site / outside of Umbraco.  Right now, no matter what I select for the macro cache settings, the control never changes.

How can I get that one control to never cache while the template can still be cached?

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jun 01, 2011 @ 12:40
    Tim

Hi Connie,

How does the control pull content from the other site? Is it possible that it's getting cached at that point rather than by the macro control? If you want to check if your macro is being loaded from the cache or not, add: ?umbDebugShowTrace=true t the end of your page URL. As long as you haven't switched it off in the web.config file, this will show the trace for the page, and you can scroll down and look for your macro. It should tell you in the trace whether its loading the control from the cache, or loading it completely!

Hope that helps.

:)

• Michael Latouche 504 posts 819 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jun 01, 2011 @ 13:31
    Michael Latouche

Hi Connie,

Indeed, normally if you put the cache duration to 0 and uncheck all caching options, the macro should refresh every time. Hope you find more info from the trace.

Cheers,

Michael.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft