Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Willis 1 post 21 karma points
    May 05, 2011 @ 13:01
    Willis

Allowing users to create pages

Hi, I'm new to Umbraco, so apologies if this is obvious or stupid. How do I allow users to create pages/upload content from the front end? I can't seem to see anything about that. Any tutorials would be handy?

Thanks

• Eran Meir 401 posts 543 karma points
    May 05, 2011 @ 14:01
    Eran Meir

you can use umbraco API to make it happen http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/api-cheatsheet

• René Poulsen 4 posts 24 karma points
    May 12, 2011 @ 18:52
    René Poulsen

Hi Willis,

You can also use Umbraco Contour (you have to buy a license for that) to do that. In contour you can create a form with the fields you want to put on your page. When you have created your form you add a workflow that creates a page underneath a specific page in your structure (so if you want the parent page to be dynamic you may want to look for another solution or code a new workflow type for Contour). You can do a lot of other cool stuff in Contour - e.g. send send a mail to the administrator telling him/her that a new page is created and that it has to be published. You can also choose to publish the page right away when the user submits it.

I'm pretty new to Umbraco as well so maybe there's other ways to do it better/smarter, but I think Umbraco Contour would be perfect for this.

// René

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft