Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jed 55 posts 80 karma points
    Apr 11, 2011 @ 18:30
    Jed

Templates have disappeared

Suddenly none of my templates appear under the Templates node. The site works ok but when I try to create a new template in the backend I get a 404 error after clicking create and no nodes appears under the templates node (I had ten templates). Any ideas? I've seen similar reports linked to database corruption - so I'll look into rolliing back the DB, but does this happen often with Umbraco / MSSQL?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 11, 2011 @ 19:57
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jed

I have never experienced the above scenario and I don't think this is something that happens often.

But what version of Umbraco are you using?

And are you sure permissions are set properly? This could very well be the cause when the Umbraco backoffice is acting up.

/Jan

Apr 12, 2011 @ 10:52
    Jed

Yes, you're right it's probably due to a permissions issue. I was trying to set permissions on our Intranet server so I could display/use a (windows) logged in username on our Intranet site when all our templates disappeared. I've spend days trying to get this simple thing to work with absolutely no success. So what do I do now? Pick around the database trying to guess where the damage is? Any ideas?

Apr 12, 2011 @ 10:58
    Jed

Oh, and I'm using umbraco v 4.6.1 (Assembly version: 1.0.4029.25836)

Apr 12, 2011 @ 11:39
    Jed

FIXED: My fault - it was down to a permissions issue, either due to ASP.NET Impersonation being enabled, or an allow-logged-in-users authorisation rule. No idea why these should cause templates (only) to be unreadable by Umbraco, but anyway it works.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 12, 2011 @ 21:40
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jed

What are the server specs? the ASP.NET user needs to have the proper permissions so I guess this may have been the issue.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft