Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Francesco 1 post 21 karma points
    Mar 15, 2011 @ 18:02
    Francesco

Place Facebook "macro" in header, how?

Hey,

Just wanted to start by saying that im not that good with Umbraco and aspx, i know my HTML and I know how to add stuff to pages but Umbraco removes all the files so I cant see the linkings.

Now to my problem

I just installed the NWS Facebook app and i want to add it to the top of my page, above the logos and all of that (www.q-app.se) but I dont know where and how to add it. I dont even know how to change the names of the buttons "Hem" "Tjänster" etc etc.. where is the page that contains all of that?

So please give me help here and do it to a n00b... Umbraco for dummies sort of way.

Best Regards

Francesco

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 15, 2011 @ 22:35
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Francesco and welcome to the wonderfull world of Umbraco

I think you could benefit a bit from spending time watching some of these free videos: http://umbraco.com/products/umbracotv and there also is some good stuff for you in this wiki entry: http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/how-tos/a-complete-newbie%27s-guide-to-umbraco

Now I will try to make a quick guide for you on how to achieve things in Umbraco.

When you log into Umbraco what can you then access? Do you see 6 sections in the lower left corner of the screen when you're logged into the Umbraco back office? These 6 section should be "Content, Media, Developer, Users, Members and Settings".

To change the names in the menu you should be able to see the nodes (pages) in the content section. When you click on a page you can see that there is a tab called "Properties". On the screen that appears you can see a field called "name", this is where you can change the name of the page. When you do that you should click the "Save and publish" button, which is the second blue disk button from the left.

Now you can see the new name of the node (page) in the content tree. You should also be able to see the change on the website. But be aware though that it can be that there is a field on the document called "Title" or something like that, that is used instead. It depends how the site has been built.

I hope this makes sense to you.

The menu is probably rendered by a XSLT macro, which you can see the name of in the templates used.

The facebook app you mention, is that an Umbraco package or something 3. party like? I think I need to know a bit more about what it is etc. before I can guide you any further.

Hope the above makes sense and it's a start :-)

/Jan

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 02, 2011 @ 11:09
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Francesco

Did you mange to solve this?

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft