Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Steven 33 posts 166 karma points
    Mar 15, 2011 @ 14:57
    Steven

Deactive a Document

Hi folks,

I was wondering whether there was a default option in Umbraco to 'deactivate / activate'  a document for a while ...

I have not seen it in the backend UI right-mouse button menu ...

Why you ask ?  Well it would be nice to allow editors to temporarly deactivate published content ( imagine content depending on the time of the year ... for example 'spring promotions', etc .. ).  Would even be great to put some 'validity dates' behind it ( like from 01/06 to 01/09 ) ...

Sure I can add an attribute to a template and have my XSLT check for this but it would be nicer if one could visually see in the content tree that certain documents are inactive ...

Thanks,

Steven

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Mar 15, 2011 @ 15:08
    Kim Andersen

Hi Steven

If you want to unpublish a node you can do this by going into the "Property"-tab on the node. In here there's a button called something "Unpublish".

When you click this, the node will be unpublished from the site.

/Kim A

• Steven 33 posts 166 karma points
    Mar 15, 2011 @ 16:14
    Steven

Hi Kim,

Ah cool ... It is more or less what I was looking for ... you can even put in some dates ...

I somehow missed this feature ...

Thanks,

Steven

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Mar 15, 2011 @ 16:20
    Kim Andersen

Yeah you can time it to be published and unpublished at certain dates - that's pretty neat :)

If you can mark this post as solved it would be great. Of course only if you haven't got any further questions regarding this issue :)

/Kim A

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft