Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anthony Candaele 1197 posts 2049 karma points
    Dec 31, 2010 @ 09:52
    Anthony Candaele

template node won't load

Hi,

It seems, on this last day of 2010, I'm in deep trouble with my Umbraco Juno Beta website.

I deleted some template directly in Sql Manager, but now my other templates don't load anymore in the backoffice.

I had a template 'Portfolio'. I deleted all references to 'portfolio' in the database, but still my template nodes won't load the back office.

HELP!

Anthony Candaele
    Belgium

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 31, 2010 @ 09:54
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Anthony

This sounds a bit odd.

Did you also remember to delete the master page in the mastperages folder?

And was the deleted templates set as a master, from which other templates inherit?

/Jan

Dec 31, 2010 @ 09:59
    Anthony Candaele

Hello Jan,

I also deleted the portfolio.master master page in Visual Studio. There where no other master pages inheriting from it.

I also forgot to tell that I cannot create any new templates. If I try to create a new template I get the 'yellow screen of death' saying:

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Thanks for your help,

Anthony Candaele
    Belgium

Dec 31, 2010 @ 10:05
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Anthony

Hmmm ok....

I don't know what went wrong but I'm guessing that maybe you have by accident deleted something in the databaste, which you should probably not have done.

If you're just playing around with Juno I guess you could try and see if you can remember the tables/rows you have deleted and try to recreate them.

Otherwise I think that you should maybe stick to 4.5.2 untill 4.6 is released in a stable version. It's hard to tell what is causing these errors...is it a bug or is i not. I don't think this error is a bug...but i'm not sure :-)

/Jan

Dec 31, 2010 @ 10:13
    Anthony Candaele

Hi Jan,

Seems like my Umbraco Juno install is completely screwed. Also when I try to load a document type I get the error:

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

I learned my lesson well today: never, ever change a thing directly in the database
    And also: never ever use a beta version for production purposes.

I'll create my site in Umbraco 4.5.2

I just wonder if there is a way I can recover some of my content I created for my web in Umbraco Juno

Thanks for your help,

Anthony Candaele
    Belgium

Dec 31, 2010 @ 10:26
    Jan Skovgaard

Yeah seems like it's really screwed then.

I don't know if you can maybe get hold of the umbraco.config file and be so fortunate that the content structure is still in it and then use the CMSImport package to map the content within the elements to your new setup.

I think you'll have to start over on the document types and XSLT files though...

I don't recommend more playing around with the content from the DB since I canot guide you properly on this myself :-) (But hey, maybe some of the dudes who know their way around in the DB and in ASP.NET and C# has a better idea)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft