Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Luca Anchini 9 posts 29 karma points
    Dec 31, 2010 @ 03:13
    Luca Anchini

About Template and Modules

Hi,

i'm understanding that Umbraco is completly different from other CMS I've always used. But I don't understand where and if I can take some modules, languages, template to apply to my website, without create them from the scratch...

Is there some website or part of the official web site where I can get them for free?

Thank you.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 31, 2010 @ 09:44
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Luca

Here on our.umbraco.org under "projects" you can see all the packages/modules available.

You can even go to the developer section and see what is available for the specific Umbraco version you are running under "packages" choosing the package repository. Even though the packages found inside umbraco need to have got at least 15 votes here on our before they show inside umbraco. So if you need a package that has not got at least 15 votes you will have to download it from our.

Some packages are free to use and others you will have to pay for. For instance CMSImport, Courier, Contour and the XSL PDF Creator.

In 2011 Umbraco marketplace will be launched were it's possible to buy packages as well.

I hope this answers your question?

/Jan

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 31, 2010 @ 09:46
    Jan Skovgaard

...About templates, which I forgot to mention in the previous post, you can really just use any template you find for free or you can buy them on any template site on the web. There should not be any restrictions as long as it's just pure html/css and javascript based templates.

With the release of Umbraco juno I think we will see a lot more skins for Umbraco, since it features skinning. I can imagine there wil be a skinning section on our where it's possible to get skins for Umbraco.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft