Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Prasad joshi 35 posts 55 karma points
    Dec 30, 2010 @ 12:30
    Prasad joshi

can not see the content folder pages or content

Hi,

I am just upload the all the pages and the database in the server. I got the pages its shows but when i open the admin it does not shows the any thing under content or any thing under setting also please help me out 

Thanks in advance.

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Dec 30, 2010 @ 13:20
    Kim Andersen

Hi Prasad

First of all, have you checked your permission settings? Umbraco must have enough permissions to works correctly.

If your permission settings are correctly set, then there's several posts in here that might help you out. It's a bit different to say which solution you need, but maybe you can find some help in one of these posts:

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/15646-Empty-Trees-Try-this

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/4550-Empy-treenavigation-nodes-in-administrator-section

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/ourumb-dev-forum/bugs/5343-Content-Tree-empty

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/9940-Empty-Tree-Nodes

If none of the solution in the above four posts still not solves your problem, try making a search for something like "empty tree", "no content in backend" etc. there's quite a lot of similar posts, so you might find the answer there.

If there's still no luck, maybe you can provide us with some more details of you setup. Things like what version you are running, if you are running on mssql or mysql, using .NET 3.5 or .NET 4.0, localhost or or a hosted site somewhere.

Let's hear from you again if you can't solve it, then we'll look more into it :)

/Kim A

Dec 30, 2010 @ 13:35
    Prasad joshi

Where i give the permissions or where i found permission setting.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 30, 2010 @ 13:40
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Prasad

If you have access to the root folder of your site you should give permissions there. If you're using an ISP you should contact them to set the permissions for you.

/Jan

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Dec 30, 2010 @ 13:42
    Kim Andersen

That depends what you have the access to. If you are running the site on your local machine, then you go to the filesystem, and right click the umbraco installation (the folder which contains the site), and chooses the Property-option. In here you can give access to NETWORK SERVICE (if that's the user that's connected to the app pool, otherwise IUSR is also used a lot).

But if you are getting the site hosted somewhere, then you might want to contact them and tell them that you need to be able to write/read (at least) to the umbraco installation. Mos of the hosting companies will help you with this without any problems.

/Kim A

Dec 31, 2010 @ 09:41
    Prasad joshi

which folder i give permission..I have control pannel of the server..

Please help me..

Dec 31, 2010 @ 09:48
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Prasad

The folder containing the Umbraco folder and files mut be given permissions.

/Jan

Dec 31, 2010 @ 09:55
    Prasad joshi

Hi jan,

i uploaded all folder and files on root, can i give permission to all the folder? 

Dec 31, 2010 @ 10:01
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Prasad

Yes I think that should be possible.

/Jan

Dec 31, 2010 @ 10:28
    Prasad joshi

hi jan ,

Thanks its working now..

Please Sign in or register to post replies