Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kevon K. Hayes 255 posts 281 karma points
    Dec 01, 2010 @ 16:49
    Kevon K. Hayes

.NET Usercontrol will not render in Template

UMB Experts,

I have a .NET macro that renders perfectly when I place it in the RTE but doesn't render at all when I add it to my template. Clueless here.

• DanH 36 posts 61 karma points
    Dec 01, 2010 @ 17:56
    DanH

Is it returning an error?  If not, view the HTML source of a rendered page, and see if anything at all is being rendered from where the tag sits in the HTML.  That's all I can think of checking without seeing any source.

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Dec 01, 2010 @ 21:48
    Kim Andersen

Does the macro require some params to be filled before it renders the stuff that you want, and those params was not filled when you inserted the macro in the template? I guess that you have checked this, but just thought of it, so wanted to share my thoughts.

/Kim A

• Harm-Jan Abbing 62 posts 102 karma points
    Dec 07, 2010 @ 09:54
    Harm-Jan Abbing

Have you got the runat="server" form tags in the right place?

Dec 19, 2010 @ 15:58
    Kim Andersen

Hi Kevon!

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I'm quite interested in finding out what caused the macro to not render, if you found out?

/Kim A

• Kevon K. Hayes 255 posts 281 karma points
    Dec 19, 2010 @ 16:17
    Kevon K. Hayes

Kim

I had renamed a couple of properties on a doctype and the cache wasnt updated, so I had to republish the individual nodes that used that doctype... and because I wanted to be safe I republished my entire site. Then the macro rendered properly.

Dec 19, 2010 @ 19:39
    Kim Andersen

Ahh okay Kevon, I see. Surprisingly a lot of problems is solved when the nodes are republished. But I was just curious to hear from you since there was no accepted answer nor any reply from you :)

/Kim A

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft