Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andre 6 posts 26 karma points
    Nov 26, 2010 @ 18:36
    Andre

Same error with custom media types

Hi all,

Apologies if this is a repeated question, but I can't seem to find any answer to solve my problem.

I have created a custom media type for videos - "Profile Video" - with only 3 fields:

- "VideoURL" that will actually store a YouTube URL (no uploads are made);

- "VideoTitle" and "VideoCaption" as textstring and textbox, respectively;

So, nothing fancy here. Every time I try to create a media element from this media type, I get this error:

Server Error in '/' Application.
    Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       UmbSearch2.Search.Indexer.Index(Media node) +511
       UmbSearch2.EventHandlers.MediaIndexer.Media_AfterSave(Media sender, SaveEventArgs e) +230
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.media.SaveEventHandler.Invoke(Media sender, SaveEventArgs e) +0
       umbraco.cms.presentation.editMedia.Save(Object sender, EventArgs e) +576
       System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
       umbraco.controls.ContentControl.saveClick(Object Sender, ImageClickEventArgs e) +295
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.OnClick(ImageClickEventArgs e) +97
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +160
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +28
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2980

This seems to happen with every custom media type I create, regardless of the name, alias or fields it may have.

I have already rebuilt the UmbSearch2 indexes, successfully, but it didn't help. Also, I checked the database to see if the row on the umbracoAppTree table matches the umbraco/config/create/UI.xml node - it does.

The nodes are saved before the error is thrown, but the Umbraco.config doesn't get updated.

So, anyone has a suggestion? I'm completely stuck and would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance,

Andre

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft