Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rik Helsen 670 posts 873 karma points
    Nov 09, 2010 @ 09:18
    Rik Helsen

nested documenttype page properties not available for login pages ?

We suspect there is quite a bug in the templating engine, if you have a nested doctype:

Then only the properties of "anonymous" render in the page. I've assigned "rightAreaTitel" and "rightAreaBody" to "login", and these just remain blank in the html output.

There is one important difference,

If you access the page directly, using it's actual url, the fields render fine

If you try to access a restricted area of your website, where the login page is shown on the url of the page you are requesting, only the properties of "anonymous" are being rendered, and not the properties of "login", the actual doctype you are using.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Nov 09, 2010 @ 09:23
    Rik Helsen

I can't edit my post again, here is the more elaborate version:

Then only the properties of doctype "Innerpage" render in the "Login" template & page.

I've assigned "rightAreaTitel" and "rightAreaBody" to "loginPage doctype, and login template", and these just remain blank in the html output.

There is one important difference:

* If you access the page directly, using it's actual url, the fields render fine

* If you try to access a restricted area of your website, where the login page is shown on the url of the page you are requesting, only the properties of "anonymous" are being rendered, and not the properties of "login", the actual doctype you are using.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Nov 09, 2010 @ 11:58
    Rik Helsen

Vote up here if you encounter this issue: http://umbraco.codeplex.com/workitem/29387

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft