Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Daniel 5 posts 25 karma points
    Oct 01, 2010 @ 10:24
    Daniel

How to add optional number of properties on a page?

I'm kind of new to umbraco and have a few questions. Iäm working on a template where I want to add optional number of 'things' to a page.

First scenario, I wanna add quotes to a page and show them using jquery. The problem is that I don't know how many quotes. It can be anything from two to ten or even more. How can I add a property to a page that allows me to do this?

Second scenario, in my right column I want to have optional number of "panels". Each panel should contain a textfield (title) and a html-editor (content). How can this be achieved?

Appreciate any help! :)
    I have an account at umbraco.tv but I haven't been able to find a solution for what I'm looking for.

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Oct 01, 2010 @ 11:35
    Ismail Mayat

Daniel,

With regards to your first issue you could create quotes as sub nodes below a page and write macro to list those quotes as child pages.  With regards to your second issue you could make use of http://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/repeatable-custom-content so you could to a page add any number of these panels and then using xslt macro write them out in your template.

Regards

Ismail

• Daniel 5 posts 25 karma points
    Oct 01, 2010 @ 12:14
    Daniel

Thanks for your reply!

About your answer concerning my second problem, it seemed promising. But at the same time it seems like the project isn't updated anymore and that it won't work with the latest release of umbraco..? And also the creator of the project doesn't seem to reply to any questions.

Is there any other solutions..?

• Sascha Wolter 615 posts 1101 karma points
    Oct 05, 2010 @ 18:09
    Sascha Wolter

Double post, just replied to this one:

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/templating/templates-and-document-types/13182-How-to-add-optional-number-of-properties-on-a-page

Additionally I have seen some kind of tree multi picker package around that should do the trick as well. You don't actually need the functionality of the packages to achieve this though as outlined in my answer.

Cheers,

Sascha

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft