Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Raheel 62 posts 81 karma points
    Sep 14, 2010 @ 06:40
    Raheel

How to - Add New Property as <ul>

Hello guys...

I am templating in umbraco and I have came to a stage of there I need to do this:

<ul>
      <li>Text</li>
      <li>Text</li>
      <li>Text</li>
    </ul>

I want to know how can I create a property so I can manage this list, add, edit & delete list <li> from one of the content TABS.

Thanks

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10091 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Sep 14, 2010 @ 07:43
    Ismail Mayat

Raheel,

What version of umbraco are you using? I have done something similar using http://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/repeatable-custom-content 

Regards

Ismail

Sep 14, 2010 @ 07:52
    Raheel

Hi there,

I am using V4.5.2 ...

I know there is a property named: Related Links (which allows to add internal or external links)
    This is what I really want - but I want it to appear in <ul>  <li>Text Link</li>  </ul> format.

Also, when I add Related Links property into a tab and then add the property into the template, nothing is shown.

Thanks
    Raheel

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Sep 14, 2010 @ 09:00
    Dirk De Grave

probably nothing is shown as you'll have to "convert" the property's value into something html valuable (the ul/li structure you're referring to). Suggest to look at nibble's screencast on how to use the related links datatype.

I even think there's a sample xlst that goes with this datatype and can be found in the dropdown when creating a new xslt.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

/Dirk

Sep 14, 2010 @ 12:47
    Raheel

brilliant!! thanks for that.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft