Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Felix 46 posts 67 karma points
    Jun 25, 2010 @ 04:20
    Felix

Hi ,

Forgive me if this is posted in the wrong section, but i couldnt think of where else to post this.

My site structure at the moment has Home as the top root level node under content, with sub pages below home and so on..

I now want to store all footer pages in a folder called Footer. so  i create a folder called Footer within Home and put pages beneath it. This disrupts the navigation however as now all the footer pages have a /footer/test URL , is there a way around this ? Renaming the URL doesnt work as it still keeps the /footer/ path. Is there a way i can negate the /footer path and only have the URL to be /test ?

Thanks.

• Paul Blair 466 posts 731 karma points
    Jun 25, 2010 @ 05:10
    Paul Blair

Hi,

Add them into your structure as you do for normal pages i.e. don't have a seperate footer section. Add a property to your document type called ShowInFooter (or HideInFooter) that works the same was as UmbracoNaviHide in your footer macro.

Cheers

Paul

Jun 25, 2010 @ 05:57
    Felix

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply. It gets slightly more complicated than that. Ive got footer left links and footer right links. I also have a bunch of links that go at the top of the page(excluding the primary nav).

I dont want to have to add 3 checkboxes for a document type, like footer left, footer right etc.

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Jun 25, 2010 @ 08:42
    Rich Green

If I understand your question correctly you could try a structure like this.

-Home

- Sub Pages

-Extra Links

- Footer Left

- Footer Right

Then you can pull out the links as you need as you need to from each separate section.

Best of luck

Rich

Jun 25, 2010 @ 09:41
    Felix

Hi Rich,

Thanks, i previously attempted that, however that will still create a /Top /Footer-Left and /Footer-Right folder.

You would have to create the folders at the top level.

so you would need

- home

- sub pages

- Footer left

- Footer right

its a bit clunky, but it works  i suppose.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft