Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• SaphuA 124 posts 87 karma points
    Jul 14, 2009 @ 10:43
    SaphuA

Voting down usefull replies

Just wondering...

I found this post which is totally usefull, but I do not agree on it. Should I vote it down?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jul 14, 2009 @ 10:47
    Jan Skovgaard

Why would you vote it down if it is in fact usefull? I think you should maybe rather express how you would solve the problem discussed in the post instead to have your say on it and then let people decide wether they agree with your solution/opinion or not. :)

/Jan

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jul 14, 2009 @ 10:49
    Dirk De Grave

Sounds like a contradiction. You find it usefull (meaning you'd vote it up probably) but don't agree (and want to vote down)?

It would be useful if you'd reply to the post as telling why you don't agree instead of voting down because of disagreement. Sound more fair to me (but can't prevent you from voting down of course)

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,

/Dirk

• SaphuA 124 posts 87 karma points
    Jul 14, 2009 @ 11:00
    SaphuA

That's why I'm posting this question.

Someone's post could be a usefull addition to a discussion, but that doesn't mean I agree on it. Voting it down would mean the post was crap and might make the poster look bad while voting it up would get the post more attention and perhaps make more people follow the statement. Perhaps not voting would indeed be the best sollution in this case.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jul 14, 2009 @ 11:02
    Jan Skovgaard

Voting down solutions just because you don't agree would also kill people's initiative I think. And there is no reason for that when people are truly trying to help.

If the comments made are not usefull and are spam then of course it would be ok to vote it down. Otherwise I just think one should let it be and then debate the solution instead as Dirk mentions.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft