Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Warren Buckley 2106 posts 4836 karma points MVP ∞ admin hq c-trib
    Jul 02, 2009 @ 09:24
    Warren Buckley

Add a new section - Showcases?

Hiya I think we should add a new section to the our.umbraco site with a new tab called Showcases or something similar.
    Where users can submit a site they worked on, such as the existing http://umbraco.org/submit-a-site

My rough ideas so far:
    Site Name & URL
    Client Name & URL
    Developer Company & URL
    Front end Image
    Backend umbraco image
    Description

So far the same as the existing form, but maybe I could say I worked with Kenneth Solberg & Alex Norcliffe and any other members of the our.umbraco community site and specify their roles within the project.
    So when people view that showcase they could see a nice detailed page with who worked on it.

Thoughts?
    Good/Bad idea?

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jul 02, 2009 @ 09:34
    Dirk De Grave

YES! Still waiting for this to be finally up and running, thumbs up for Warren for reminding!!

Cheers,

/Dirk

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Jul 02, 2009 @ 09:37
  • Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jul 02, 2009 @ 09:40
    Dirk De Grave

@Richard: me seen this to, but you don't get any detailed info, which may be useful if you need something specific. For example, only parts of the site have been implemented using umbraco, some specific features that are being used, what packages have been used. So, the more detail, the better. It's not just about showcasing, but also about what is done behind the scenes.

Cheers,

/Dirk

Jul 02, 2009 @ 09:45
    Warren Buckley

I think that WIKI page is SPAM in my eyes, people could re-edit the WIKI page and remove competitors information and plus that WIKI would page would grow huge. I think we should get the showcase section up and running on our.umbraco in my opinion.

Warren

• Kenneth Solberg 227 posts 418 karma points
    Jul 02, 2009 @ 09:50
    Kenneth Solberg

Good idea Warren! This would make a reference section that scales well considering both the massive amounts of installations out there (~70k at the time of writing) and the increasing number of members updating the reference (overwrite each others wiki-page anyone? =). It would also make it super easy to filter for someone looking for a spesific showcases (sector, developer, feature, etc.).

Jul 02, 2009 @ 09:52
    Warren Buckley

Yep exactly, we could add some meta data/tags to a project/showcase so in the future you could easily search/filter by that data.

Just hopefully the Umbraco guys see this thread soon :)

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jul 02, 2009 @ 10:03
    Per Ploug

Seen it :) and it was also talked about at cg09 so it is definently a high priority to get up and running, we already have similiar functionality running on umbraco.org but moving it over will take some time

Jul 02, 2009 @ 10:10
    Warren Buckley

If it is something I can help out with at all, be it mundane moving or whatever let me know.

Warren

Jul 16, 2009 @ 16:00
    Warren Buckley

This has been solved as Per has added the Sites running Umbraco to the main Umbraco site
    http://umbraco.org/tour/sites-running-umbraco

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft