Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• wildlife 54 posts 74 karma points
    Jun 02, 2010 @ 07:47
    wildlife

Error on page using DesignIt Video Embed package.

I have set up the DesignIt Video Embed package to show any videos on the site I am working on.  It has a very nice feature that allows you to show a preview stillshot of the video on the page, and then when you go to play it, it opens in a Lightbox. 

It is working as it should in both IE and Firefox right now.  But I am getting the following "Done, but with errors on the page" error in IE and a similar error in Firefox's error console.

Line: 17
    Char: 1
    Code: 0
    URI: http://www.fyccn.org/scripts/Designit.VideoEmbed/jquery.fancybox-
    1.3.1.pack.js

The functionality of the package is working exactly like I want it to, but I want to get rid of the error in the browser(s).

So I searched on that error and somewhere I found someone suggesting to add this line:

<script type="text/javascript" src="/umbraco_client/ui/jquery.js"></script> 

within the <head> area of the page above all other script lines.

I did that.  The error went away.  But so did the functionality of the lightbox feature of the package.  Instead of opening the video in the lightbox, it opens it as a full page within the browser.  I definitely don't want it working that way, but I don't have any other ideas on how to get rid of the error.  It's either define jquery.js and lose functionality or don't define it, have the functionality, but also have the error.

Any ideas?

• Rasmus Lynggaard 118 posts 325 karma points
    Jun 07, 2010 @ 10:31
    Rasmus Lynggaard

The umbraco jQuery version is too old. Download and use jQuery 1.4.2 or higher.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft