Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• arviman 71 posts 92 karma points
    May 29, 2010 @ 01:46
    arviman

Setting notifications for the admin throws a YSOD

I encountered this error while trying out a writer send-to-publication/ admin approval workflow. I had written about it here:

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/using/ui-questions/1902-Configuring-email-notifications-problem.

But thought best that I'd mention the error I got on the backend when I tried to add a notification for the admin. Here's the message and stack trace.

Multiple controls with the same ID 'r' were found. FindControl requires that controls have unique IDs.

[HttpException (0x80004005): Multiple controls with the same ID 'r' were found. FindControl requires that controls have unique IDs.]
    System.Web.UI.Control.FillNamedControlsTable(Control namingContainer, ControlCollection controls) +273
    System.Web.UI.Control.FillNamedControlsTable(Control namingContainer, ControlCollection controls) +320
    System.Web.UI.Control.FillNamedControlsTable(Control namingContainer, ControlCollection controls) +320
    System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureNamedControlsTable() +61
    System.Web.UI.Control.FindControl(String id, Int32 pathOffset) +222
    System.Web.UI.Control.FindControl(String id, Int32 pathOffset) +327
    System.Web.UI.Control.FindControl(String id, Int32 pathOffset) +327
    System.Web.UI.Page.FindControl(String id) +38
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessPostData(NameValueCollection postData, Boolean fBeforeLoad) +232
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1743

I'd also like to mention that I was experiencing some strange error while deleting multiple nodes consecutively very recently. Some of the nodes threw an error while i deleted them. My guess is that it has somehow to with the content tree's refresh functionality.Hence, after deleting a node( say with index i) and then while trying to delete the i+1 node, umbraco confuses the i+1 node to have the id of the ith node. I should probably post this as a bug under a different topic, but thought they might be related.

Hopefully one of you guys know what to do.

Jun 01, 2010 @ 18:53
    arviman

Bumping this. Is it possible it's being caused in reading the checkbox controls from the notifications window? I'm sort of stuck because of this issue.

Any insights would be really appreciated!

Jun 01, 2010 @ 18:58
    arviman

Also, sorry about the link. It has a period at the end. Here's it again: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/using/ui-questions/1902-Configuring-email-notifications-problem

The gist of it is that I am unable to add notifications to my admin/editor users, and when I click the "update" button on the notifications window I get the above error.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft