Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Erik 5 posts 35 karma points
    Jul 29, 2014 @ 08:03
    Erik

Error saving content

Hi all,

I'm having trouble with an Umbraco 7 site. In the backend I can edit and save anything I want, except for content pages. As soon as I hit 'save & publish' on any page, on the right side an error pane slides in with the content:

Templates and stylesheets for example work perfectly, it's only content that fails. When I check the server event viewer, nothing comes up at all. When I check the umbraco log it does not contain any errors. In fact, the log files suggest that the save action actually worked:

2014-07-29 07:55:36,720 [16] INFO  Umbraco.Core.Publishing.PublishingStrategy - [Thread 19] Content 'Contact' with Id '1117' has been published.

2014-07-29 07:56:27,635 [16] INFO  Umbraco.Core.Publishing.PublishingStrategy - [Thread 19] Content 'Over ons' with Id '1076' has been published.
    But when I check the frontend page, the changes are not being reflected. When I re-open the content in the backend, my changes are there.
    Creating new pages isn't possible either:
    Can anyone tell me where to go from here?
    Regards,
    Erik
  • Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jul 29, 2014 @ 12:37
    Jeroen Breuer

Hello,

Did you install any packages that are not compatible with v7? For example the standard website package? 

Jeroen

• Erik 5 posts 35 karma points
    Jul 29, 2014 @ 21:53
    Erik

Hi Jeroen,

I did not install the site with a starter kit or any packages. It's a fresh umbraco site built from the ground up.
    The site has been working for at least a month. This error just came up all of a sudden without changing or installing anything.

EDIT:
    I completely forgot that I installed uBlogsy for v7 but thought it was horrible and never used it.
    I've just uninstalled it and now the save actions work again! Thanks so much for the tip. 

Erik

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft