Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sam 3 posts 23 karma points
    Jul 17, 2014 @ 18:42
    Sam

Can't login to Umbraco "Login failed for user"

I attmpted to login to my Umbraco build today and received the following error: "Login failed for user"

The console displays:

The requesteds resource does not support http methot 'GET'

It pings back the "login failed" so quick that I'm doubtful it is even hitting the DB.

Any suggestions?

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jul 17, 2014 @ 19:23
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Sam and welcome to our,

Sad to hear that you can´t login to your Umbraco installtion.

If you are using Umbraco 7.1 or a newer version, you should login with your email and password and not a username and password, as previous.

I was thinking could you have the same problem as René. If you have access to the databse you could try following what Dave are explainsin this thead.

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/52934-Login-Umbraco7?p=1

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Jul 17, 2014 @ 20:19
    Sam

Thanks for your prompt reply.  I attempted to use the email address, same results. I also verified the credentials and options in the database as per Dave's solution, no fix.

Also is it normal behavior for Umbraco to redirect to "/umbraco#/login?check=false" whenever /umbraco is hit?

This is happening on two installs of Umbraco (with different DBs) folliwing a rebuild, also given the immeditate rejection of the log/pass (compared to the usually 1 second lag) I'm farly certain it is not even pinging the database. Do you have any other solutions?

Thanks,

-Sam

Jul 17, 2014 @ 21:03
    Sam

Fix: Turned out to be an issue with the removal of "/" via the webconfig file.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft