Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• terman 1 post 21 karma points
    Jun 16, 2014 @ 05:38
    terman

"Publish at" date field automatically resets to empty value

Hi guys,

The gist of my issue is that I've recently noticed:

Setting a date in the "Publish at" field eventually/automatically changes to "0001-01-01 00:00:00" value and then an "empty field" on refreshing the page. In that period, the published content cannot be previewed i.e returns an empty view/html page

Sequence of events:

1. Set a date in "Publish at" field of a "Document type" under "Content"

2. Refresh the page, set date in step 1. above automatically replaced with "0001-01-01 00:00:00" value - see attached image.

3. Eventually, on refreshing the page shortly, the "Publish at" field resets to an empty field.

It baffles me why the "Publish at" field behaves this way, is this isn't a defect is there a logs I can refrence to determine why this is happening? might this be sql server database permissions issue? Help appreciated, thanks.

My dev environment - (nb. also noted this behaviour on my cloud hosting environment):

• Umbraco Version: 7.1.4

• IIS Express:8.0

• Visual Studio: Express 2013

• Windows Server: 2008 R2 Standard, Service Pack 1

• SQL Server instance: 2012

Not sure if possibly related to this issue, seems to be the same "Publish at" field for a start.

An attached image depicting step 2 if it helps:

enter image description here

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 20, 2014 @ 18:35
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Terman and welcome to our :)

I think this sounds like a bug - Would you mind creating a bug report at http://issues.umbraco.org referencing this post? That way the core team will notice and can investigate it further hopefully finding a solution - or perhaps someone could fix it doing a pull request.

Cheers, Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft