Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Caractacus Downes 81 posts 314 karma points
    May 21, 2014 @ 11:13
    Caractacus Downes

Multiple copies of Content folder showing (v4.11.0)

Hi,

We just had a hardware failure on our server - the disk containing the IIS folder for the website died.  No problem - replace the disk and reload content from backup.  However the Umbraco back office Content tab now shows a top level Content folder which contains four sub-folders, each called Content and containg the same set of nodes (I tried editing one and it changes all the instances of the node).

This behaviour is repeated throughout the back office i.e. in the Settings tab there are four of each of the normal folders (Stylesheets, Templates, Scripts etc.).

Also, and only briefly, while I was checking that the node trees were actually just repeat representations of the same nodes rather then different lurking versions of the site or something like that, I had a couple of  minutes where each of the folders in the entire tree was labeled four times (i.e. ContentContentContentContent rather than just Content).  Just managed to repeat this by moving between the tabs:

Something odd going on.

The front end of the website works just fine, so this looks like just a back office problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Crac

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 30, 2014 @ 10:04
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Crac

That issue is really really odd. Never seen anything like this...

Are you still struggling with it or did you find a solution?

I think you should try checking the /app_data/logs file and see if any entries marked with "ERROR" appears.

You should probably also check the server logs to see if it reveals anything about it.

/Jan

• Caractacus Downes 81 posts 314 karma points
    May 30, 2014 @ 11:07
    Caractacus Downes

Hi Jan,

Thanks for getting back to me. We never found out what the problem was, as shortly after my post the server started to fail in all sorts of entertaining ways, and we've ended up building up an entirely different server and moving the site across.  I suspect either some kind of hardware problem (hard disk perhaps) or a mashed registry down to a Windows Update or something of the sort.  Either way I'm pretty sure now that it wasn't an Umbraco issue, just where the symptoms showed up first.

Anyway, site now back up and working and everyone happy.

Cheers,

Crac

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft