Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jonas Nilsson 137 posts 260 karma points
    May 06, 2014 @ 10:06
    Jonas Nilsson

Umbraco 7.1.1 + Contour + CustomMembershipProvider

I upgraded a Umbraco 7.0.4 site to 7.1.1 and Contour stopped working.

When displaying the form, Contour just returns the error "No membership provider found with name UmbracoMembershipProvider"

Since we have our own CustomMembershipProvider and does not use the UmbracoMembershipProvider, we doesn't register the UmbracoMembershipProvider in web.config (and this is working in 7.0.4)

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 06, 2014 @ 11:11
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jonas

I don't think this issue is related to Contour but the fact that there is a new membership implementation in Umbraco 7.1.x

It's the same as in v6.2.0 where I know another guy also had an issue...I'll see if I can find the post since I suspect you need to make the same change as he did.

I'll get back to you.

/Jan

May 06, 2014 @ 11:16
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jonas

Ok, found it - http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/50530-Umbraco-62-release-and-Custom-MembershipRole-Providers-no-longer-work?p=0#comment180641

I'm linking directly to the post containing the solution. But it's probably a good idea to read through it all.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Jonas Nilsson 137 posts 260 karma points
    May 07, 2014 @ 14:27
    Jonas Nilsson

Yes i can confirm that you need to name your custom membership/role provides to UmbracoMembershipProvider/UmbracoRoleProvider in Umbraco 7.1.1.

Hope this will be fixed in future releases.

/Jonas

May 07, 2014 @ 14:34
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jonas

Ok, so you got it solved or?

If you think this is something that should be changed or want to ask Shannon about something I think you should comment on the other post - I have not read through it all but I'm sure Shannon is capable of providing you an answer.

Cheers, Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft